Saturday, 28 July 2012

Economies of Africa

As I woke up this morning with an anxious feeling. The vacant bleeding of the African economy with so much potential. I spent the last couple of days analysing Africa, looking at the allocation of resources, and the state of the country, disappointing I may say. It angers me that the leaders fail to acknowledge and efficiently allocate those resources to satisfy the needs of the people. For decades, people have suffered, been through the most severe poverty and no leader has been enable to drive them to safety and my question is why?

Are the leaders capable of leading? Is it the need to define a leader and not classify them as ones?
Is it the greed for power and financial benefits more direct than the million lives at their hands?
Is it the rule and control by the world economies forcing them to ignore the plight of Africans?

If one man could be favoured by many in the world, why is it impossibles for these masses to do the same? Follow in the foot-step of the World Icon Nelson Mandela?
Spiritual I am disturbed, emotionally I am wounded, being an African without the passion to help fellow Africans is an image depicted in the faces of African leaders.
Why is Africa the most suffering continent in the world? Why are we Africans so much cruel to fellow Africans? We murder our own and divide our own, exploit at maxim leaving nothing for the poor.
I spent my last hours of Friday 27th July, 2012 thinking about the number of cars I saw parked at a local municipality, new vehicles for the municipality and just metres away from the municipality, a hole in the 25 year old tar road. Travelling further you will be met by a running sewing from a blocked drainage system, further up the town, a big hole that drivers duck and dive to save the last of the remains of their cars ruined by the badly maintained road and I asked, is this the way the tax money is used, to enrich the managers, mayors, ministers, holder of high offices and give nothing to the people who empty their pockets every year threatened by SARS that they will be fined, jailed should they fail to pay up.

Today, we can all say, God never neglected Africa, Africans neglected Africa and today we are all subject to poverty and shame and we listen to the world as if we do not have the ability to speak for ourselves. This is not the Africa we are according to God, this is the Africa that we turned to be through forgetting who we were, who we are and why are we Africans not others.


No comments:

Post a Comment